Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goodreads | Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning




I just got done reading this and its 4am.. I'll write a review tomorrow.. its sleepy time now..lol.  all I can say at this moment is this book Fucking Rocked!!! And I'm SO STOKED that I bought Rock Hard at the same time..
OK... where to start where to start.... this book was Sex-tastic!!! It wasnt just the sex though, it was the way the characters were described.. how they were individuals and a whole unit all wrapped up into one sexy freaking package.
Myrna is a Human Sexuality Proff. at a boaring ass confrence.. all she wants is a good time, some fun and laughter, but what she gets is so much more when she recognizes 5 men sitting in a bar as the members of a band she loves.. The Sinners. She decides to bite the bullet, goes upintroduces herself... what could really happen anyway?
Brian is drunk as hell trying to forget the latest of Groopie-Ho's that has cheated on him with a band  mate... He just cant win.. but when he falls off the table he was laying on in the bar and see's a pair of legs walk up to them.. it all changes, I honestly believe, from the moment he see's her.. even though he is super freakin drunk..lol..
The relationship that isnt supposed to be a relationship ignites in the morning and is fast and furious.Actually, it ignites at night when she is taking care of him... I think.. anywho... Myrna just wants to have a fun weekend and not catch any feelings but it is so very difficult not to catch them... especially when Brian dives head first into the shallow end of those emotions that must remain silent due to Myrna having one hell of an ex-husband. Brian realizes something about Myrna.. I wont tell, and God bless him even asks her to run off to Vegas and get married. She leaves him.. without him even knowing her last name.. no telephone numbers exchanged, nothing.
A month later.. and Brian is still reeling over the fact that he doesnt have Myrna.. and that when Trey steps in with a life line... a telephone number.. HER telephone number.. and now all Brian needs to do is grow the balls to call her...
What happens from here on out is just great.... there is so much depth to each situation that I couldnt put this book down. The way Brian oozes his feelings and how Myrna decides to ignore how she feels so no one will know... and FAILS..lol.... but thats the best freakin part. The dynamic that the band members have with eachother and with Myrna is all just gravy.
 I was so stoked that when I purchased this book I also purchased

Rock Hard at the same time.. because something told me that I would need to read it as soon as I was done with this one... and I am glad I listened to my instincts..lol...
The book I am MOST looking forward to.... Jace. Why? Because if Brians book is Sex-tastic... Jace's book with be Bondage-rific.... and I always love that kind of thing  ;)  ...teeheehee
2 Thumbs AND 2 Big Toes WAY up for Olivia Cunning and her Sinners on Tour Series... You have a new Fan Girl with me...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment