Monday, May 30, 2011

Fo Shizzle Ma Nizzle

Last night as Matty and I were heading home from work I turned on my truck and all of a sudden, Lodi Dodi came on the radio, I turned it up ass loud, and because I know this song by heart... I serenaded Matty to Lodi Dodi. He told me I was funny, but honestly... I could have bust out with "Gin and Juice" or "Murda was the Case that they gave me".. and it would have been equally as entertaining.
 Now... back at the end of 1993 and throughout 1994, when Snoop Dogg came out with this "cover/remake" of Slick Ricks rendition of this song, we did nothing but listen to this ALL THE TIME. The whole album
DoggyStyle, was fucking sweet, not to mention how fucking awesome it was to have the CD jacket insert be cartoons of an explicit nature and the whole CD filled with nothing but shit your parents would NEVER let you listen to if you played it out loud. It was contraband and we played this album whenever and wherever we could. Snoop Dogg and later Uncle Luke a.k.a. Old Dirty Bastard (ODB) and I think later he might have named himself Jesus or something.. we went to TOWN with this shit.
Scarred was the SHIT!! We used to listen to this Album as well,

lol... Then you have the song Tip 4 Da Strip by
Splack Pack... OMG....

f you can... try to imagine a school bus FILLED with REALLY white kids  from a place called Lehigh Acres, singing these songs...lol.... It fucking rocked my socks right the fuck off... either that or bustin out to "Scarred" and "Tip 4 Da Strip" and the Fugees album..lol... dancing under-aged at the fucking Lani-Kai during college spring break...lol..  aaahhhhh.. the memories I barely can remember..lol. And how nice was it to be able to bust the fuck out with some "gangsta shit"..loll.... and not feel like a total douche bag like you do now... fucking 16 yrs lagter..lol.. 
Fuck I'm Old.


No comments:

Post a Comment